Join Ranger Up at the 2010 Bataan March
Okay, here’s the deal. Ranger Up is bringing a bunch of people out to do the Bataan Death March in New Mexico on 19-21 March. Check it out here.
Essentially it is a marathon over awful terrain. There is a heavy division and a light division. We have some people competing in the light division (meaning no rucksack) and we have four people (Nick, Tom, John Tackett from FighterLink, and Whitney) competing in Heavy Co-Ed. We expect to walk/run this event. We need one more to make a five-person Heavy team.
We want someone from the RUniverse to join us.
Why we’re doing it: Because it’s there and because we’re going to support the Rocky Boots/Warrior Legacy Campaign.
The uniform: Rucksack with 35 pounds, Ranger Panties (we’ll provide), t-shirt (we’ll provide).
How to compete:
Send us a very short essay in the comments area here or on facebook. When we read them, we are considering two things:
1) Will you be able to do it? We don’t need to win and we’re not super-amazing athletes, but we’re not gonna suck either. Take that into account.
2) Are you going to be fun to hang out with for a weekend or are you going to suck us into the misery vortex? We seriously just want to hang out with someone that is cool. It’s gonna suck and if you’re a douche, it’s gonna be a long 26.2 miles. If you’re not sure if you’re a douche, ask your friends. Also, if you’re generally not a douche, but get douchey when you are physically miserable, keep that in mind.
1) You’ve walked 12 miles or more at military standards (55 pounds, under 3 hours). You can do it this week, but you have to have done it by Monday the 8th.
2) You’re not a douche.
Huge Bonus Points:
1) You’ve served in the military or are/were a military spouse or dependent.
2) You’ve run a marathon.
3) You’ve competed in this before.
4) You can turn into pure energey and smite your enemies.
5) You have been the centerfold in either Maxim, Playboy, or Fight!*
*We’re kidding. This will not help you.**
**Yes, it will.
Please start posting ASAP, we’re making our decision Mon, the 8th!
Ranger Up fans will pick the top three, and we’ll finalize it from there!