Army LTC Wants to Take Your Guns from You
BY RU Twisted
We do what we can here at The Rhino Den to shine light on both Veterans and Military personnel who are doing good things for America. After all, there isn’t a lot of media attention for those who answer the call.
One of the ways this becomes all the more credible is that we also point out when members of our Armed Forces, past and present, have done things that are not only wrong, but counter to what makes this country great. After all, we can’t just sing praises to the Veteran community all day, every day—there are some fantastically large douchebags in it that need pointing out from time to time.
Case in point, United States Army LTC Robert Bateman. Writing in Esquire magazine, Bateman explains to America how incredibly stupid we are, how wise he is, and manages to shart all over 200+ years of legal precedence while doing it. Impressive, to be sure.
Bateman begins his rant by recounting the story of some crazed college football fan who shot another football fan after a bowl game because she was not a real fan. Or something. The Lieutenant Colonel then proceeds to inform us that he is essentially an expert in killing because that’s what he does for a living. Death is his orchestra and he is the conductor, and he’s probably got a screenplay or twelve to further develop that idea.
Being a professional death dealer also makes one an expert on Constitutional law, apparently. Proving that it doesn’t take intelligence to make it to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel, Bateman educates us on how incredibly stupid the majority of the Supreme Court is because they clearly ignored the “Well Regulated Militia” portion of the Second Amendment. He specifically attacks Justice Scalia for his supposed “attempt to rewrite American history” and for failing to pay attention in high school.
He furthers his screed by giving us a lesson on this American history (which he is also an expert on) and the importance of the Militia Act of 1903. This act, as he condescendingly explains, gave us the National Guard; a fighting force that Justice Scalia doesn’t know exists, according to Bateman.
Of course his rant wouldn’t be complete without a plan. And boy oh boy does he have a plan.
In fact, it’s such a great plan that I will just address each point instead of what lead up to it. Though everything I mentioned above is on the level of world-class ignorance, I think the “plan” truly goes out of its way to show his douchebaggery. Feel free to click here to read each point, but it will only depress you more (don’t say I didn’t warn you).
1. Limiting the firearms people can own to muzzle loaders, double barrel shotguns, or bolt action rifles is as arbitrary as it is asinine. Bateman’s choice of what should be allowed ignores some pretty notable cases of humans taking the lives of other humans, most obvious being Charles Whitman in 1966.
2. Stating that “we will pry your guns from your cold, dead, fingers” is the same as saying you advocate for communism, fascism, or some form of statism. It’s that simple.
3. I’m not even sure that police departments auction off weapons taken in crimes anymore…ever. Does anyone know of auctions where this is happening? At any rate, even if it does, this is an absurd point that solves nothing.
4. “We will submit a new tax on ammunition…400% of the cost of that type of ammunition.” Brilliant. Speaking of ignoring American history, remember what brought on that whole “revolution” thingy?
5. Initiating a buyback program using DoD funds to pay 200% of the value of firearms makes a lot of sense. That is, if we had a DoD that A) had the money to do that, B) wasn’t already making huge cuts to their budget, and C) we wanted to give a lot more power to so that we could live in a more militarized state.
6. All major gun manufacturers will be bought out by the United States. Well, clearly that makes sense. I mean, it’s worked well for General Motors, so…?
Seriously, this guy is literally dumber than a box of hair.
What gets me is the lack of honesty. Here’s the thing: if people want to get rid of guns and have a government that has way more power than it already does, great. Be straightforward about it and say “I loooooove me some fascism and communism!” State that you would like to repeal the Second Amendment (and, well, most of the others in the Bill of Rights), tell the common man that he’s stupid and doesn’t deserve to hold as high of a station in life as yourself, and move on with your campaign.
Speaking of campaigns, it’s pretty clear based on the article, that’s exactly what he’s doing. Is that legal under UCMJ to openly campaign for political office—especially one that so obviously counters the Bill of Rights?
LTC Bateman, thank you for your service. Thank you for swearing an oath as an officer of the United States Army. But part of that oath is to defend the Constitution—the document upon which you just opened your bowels. For that, your actions and words are disgraceful.
You have neglected your oath and, in the course of labeling others ignorant of American history, have demonstrated a supreme lack of both integrity and knowledge regarding the uniform you are wearing, the country it represents, and the laws upon which it stands. For that, you should be ashamed.
Furthermore, you are not just wrong, but egregiously so. Your clear lack of understanding regarding the Second Amendment and the ideals this country was founded upon are inexcusable for someone in your position. The United States Army has sadly demonstrated once again the level of foolishness that can slip through the cracks and advance in rank, as yours is not a defensible position, but rather an embarrassment to all those who take that oath seriously.
May God have mercy on your soul, LTC Bateman. We are all stupider from having seen a glimpse into your thoughts.
Opinions expressed are that of the author and do not necessarily reflect that of The Rhino Den or its parent company, Ranger Up. There is current legislation to extend human rights to chimpanzees, I find that odd.